The sky is the limit in your quest to conquer 15 mountain passes on your motorcycle. There are 4 variations of this award:
Traverse 15 tar mountain passes as a Rider or Pillion.
Club Vertigo Challenge
Traverse 15 tar mountain passes as a Rider or Pillion but as part of Club rides
Dusty Vertigo Challenge
Traverse 15 gravel mountain passes as a Rider or Pillion
Club Dusty Vertigo Challenge
Traverse 15 gravel mountain passes as a Rider or Pillion but as part of Club rides
To qualify for this hair-raising and head-spinning award the following rules apply:
- The applicant must have ridden 15 passes with his motorcycle, from home base and back.
- The passes must be chosen from the list provided, according to the following general rules below.
- Photographic proof, showing the motorcycle in question, rider, and a recognizable landmark must accompany the application. It has to be a clear image of rider/pillion & motorcycle at a sign depicting the pass visited. If there is no recognizable landmark, a picture of the GPS coordinates will also be accepted.
- Planning your ride and riding your plan is at own risk. The Committee and Rides Committee take no responsibility whatsoever.
- Submit your application form to the Committee for approval once you’ve visited all 15 passes according to the rules and regulations. The decision to make the award is entirely at the discretion of the Committee.
- May be combined with other challenges excluding Extreme Rider Challenge.
- May form part of a Club Event/Ride.
- There are 2 Variants of this challenge – Club Award and Individual. The Club Award (Rider and/or Pillion) get’s issued if the challenge is completed as part of a Club ride. The Individual award is issued if the ride was not completed as part of a Club ride.
- Only passes visited from 1 September 2011 will be eligible for this award.
- The same motorcycle does not have to be used for all 15 passes.
- There is no time restriction.
- The applicant must have been a member of the Club for at least 6 months and have attended 4 events at the start of the trip.
- At least six provinces must be covered.
- Ride fifteen dirt passes for the Dusty Vertigo Challenge Award
- Ride fifteen tar passes for the Vertigo Challenge Award
- Ride any combination for the Vertigo Challenge Award
- The applicant must be a paid-up member of the Club in good standing, with a valid membership at the time of the ride(s) to each of the 15 passes.
- No awards will be posted to applicants. Awards will only be presented at Club meetings and must be collected by the applicant in person or by a representative. The applicant must collect the award within three (3) months after the award has been approved.
The above rules are subject to change without notice.
All applicants will be required to fill out the application form below, which, together with supporting documentation, must be submitted to the committee for approval.