Shared Riding Pleasure
"to foster fellowship, through the safe, supportive and responsible riding and enjoyment of BMW motorcycles, in a courteous manner"
The BMW Motorcycle Club Pretoria is the home of men, women and families who share a passion for the BMW motorcycle brand and living it out riding paved roads (also known as Tar rides) or taking the roads less traveled and off the beaten track (also known as Dirt or Off-road rides). Founded in 1995, the Club celebrated it’s 21-year anniversary in 2016. With around 600 members the Club is a noteworthy affiliate of BMW Clubs Africa and BMW Clubs International.
As a member of the Club you will have the opportunity to join us on various trips that are specifically crafted for your pleasure and enjoyment:
- Monthly club rides – S and GS which takes place the Sunday after the Club Night
- Overnighters and weekends away – Trips that include one or a couple of nights nights in various accommodation types like camping, in B&B’s, hotels etc.
- Long trips – Trips where you travel across the country and even beyond its borders
- Challenges – Rides where you are challenged to complete a specific range of objectives in a safe and exciting way
- Ladies rides – Rides and events specifically created by and for our lady riders
- Moon rides – Monthly sunset rides to a venue for a more social engagement
- Classics events – Events and rides specifically geared for the owners and enthusiasts of the classic BMW motorcycle models
In addition to around 80 annual rides and events on offer, club members also have the opportunity to attend various training sessions:
- First aid training
- Rider proficiency training
- Track days
- Motorcycle emergency maintenance training
- Motorcycle off road training
- And more …
And if that is not enough, club members also have access to:
- 1st class club regalia and branded lifestyle items
- Discount on selected goods at certain dealers
- First class newsletter publications
Apart from meeting new as well as old friends on the various trips, we also have a monthly Club evening (normally on the first Friday evening of the month). Here we share experiences, trip reports, upcoming trips, renew friendships and make new ones.
Our vision is “shared riding pleasure” with the mission “to foster fellowship, through the safe, supportive and responsible riding and enjoyment of BMW motorcycles, in a courteous manner” and the Club Committee cordially invites you to become part of our Club.