Make memories that last a lifetime with your epic long adventure journey on your trusted motorcycle. There are 2 variations of this award:
Prove that you have completed a true Odyssey as a rider or pillion.
Club Odyssey Challenge
Prove that you have completed a true Odyssey as a pillion or rider (club rides included)
A member may apply for an Odyssey Award when he/she has completed a trip which meets the following criteria:
- The applicant must complete the required application form. Submit your application form to the Committee for approval.
- It is crucial to provide a written motivation (in no longer than 200 words) to support why rider/pillion should be awarded.
- Photographic proof (5 – 7 pictures) must accompany the application. It must include clear images of rider/pillion & motorcycle at landmarks/sights or any scene to strengthen the motivation.
- The decision to make the award or not is entirely at the discretion of the Committee. No correspondence will be entered into if the trip is not awarded.
- Planning your ride and riding your plan is at own risk. The Committee and Rides Committee take no responsibility whatsoever.
- The trip duration must be at least 7 days
The total distance must be at least 3,000 kilometers.
- The applicant must have ridden a motorcycle during the trip to be eligible for the award.
- The applicant must be a paid-up member for at least 6 months and have attended 4 events at the start of the trip.
- The applicant must be a paid-up member when applying for the award.
- This award will be granted to riders or pillions as an Individual Odyssey award on private trips and Club Odyssey Award when combined with official Club trips.
- The Odyssey Award cannot be completed in conjunction with any other Club Rider Challenge.
- The definition of an Odyssey is a long journey filled with adventure, hardships, personal challenges and growth, changes in fortune, etc. The motivation for this award must proof that the applicant has undertaken a true Odyssey as per the definition.
The above rules are subject to change without notice.
All applicants will be required to fill out the application form below, which, together with supporting documentation, must be submitted to the committee for approval.