Make memories that last a lifetime with your epic long adventure journey on your trusted motorcycle. There are 2 variations of this award:
Odyssey Challenge Rider
Prove that you have completed a true Odyssey as a rider.
Odyssey Challenge Pillion
Prove that you have completed a true Odyssey as a pillion.
A member may apply for an Odyssey Award when he/she has completed a trip which meets the following criteria:
- The applicant must complete the required application form. Submit your application form to the Committee for approval.
- It is crucial to provide a written motivation (in no longer than 200 words) to support why rider/pillion should be awarded.
- Photographic proof (5 – 7 pictures) must accompany the application. It must include clear images of rider/pillion & motorcycle at landmarks/sights or any scene to strengthen the motivation.
- The decision to make the award or not is entirely at the discretion of the Committee. No correspondence will be entered into if the trip is not awarded.
- Planning your ride and riding your plan is at own risk. The Committee and Rides Committee take no responsibility whatsoever.
- The trip duration must be at least 7 days
The total distance must be at least 3000 kilometers.
- The applicant must have ridden a motorcycle during the trip to be eligible for the award.
- The applicant must be a paid-up member for at least 12 months when the trip was undertaken.
- The applicant must be a paid-up member when applying for the award.
- This award will only be granted to individuals on private trips and not for official Club trips.*
- The Odyssey Award cannot be completed in conjunction with any other Club Rider Challenge. **
- The definition of an Odyssey is a long journey filled with adventure, hardships, personal challenges and growth, changes in fortune, etc. The motivation for this award must proof that the applicant has undertaken a true Odyssey as per the definition. **
* added January 2013
**As of 1 August 2013
The above rules are subject to change without notice.
All applicants will be required to fill out the application form below, which, together with supporting documentation, must be submitted to the committee for approval.