Dip your toes, test the waters and take the plunge of adventure by visiting your list of South Africa’s national dams. There are 2 variations of this award:
National Dams Challenge Rider
Complete the challenge by visiting selected dams in all the provinces as a rider.
National Dams Challenge Pillion
Complete the challenge by visiting selected dams in all the provinces as a pillion.
To qualify for this exciting award the following rules apply:
- The rider must visit the dams specified on the attached list, and where applicable, at least 3 (three) of the other dams in each province appearing on the list of dams.
- The rider must have ridden a motorcycle from home base to each of the dams specified / chosen from the list provided, according to the general rules below.
- Photographic proof, showing the motorcycle in question, rider / pillion, and a recognizable landmark, signpost or dam wall must accompany the application. It has to be a clear image of rider/pillion & motorcycle at a sign depicting the dam visited. It can be a picture of the dam signpost and dam wall or plaque identifying the dam.
- Planning your ride and riding your plan is at own risk. The Committee and Rides Committee take no responsibility whatsoever.
- Submit your application form to the Committee for approval once you’ve visited all the dams specified according to the rules and regulations. The decision to make the award is entirely at the discretion of the Committee.
- Only dams visited from 8 April 2017 will be eligible for this award.
- The same motorcycle does not have to be used for all dams visited.
- Any number of dams may be visited per trip, from home base and back.
- There is no time restriction.
- The applicant must be a paid-up member of the Club in good standing, with a valid membership at the time of the ride(s) to each of the dams.
- This challenge may be combined with any other challenge attempt, as long as it is from home base and back with a motorcycle.
- All provinces must be covered with the dams visited.
- The compulsory dams in each province must have been visited.
- A list of dams and the province is attached and this serves as page two of the application.
The above rules are subject to change without notice.
All applicants will be required to fill out the application form below, which, together with supporting documentation, must be submitted to the committee for approval.