Claim your place in the hall of fame by successfully completing an Extreme challenge. There are 4 variations of this flagship award:
Extreme Rider Gold
Visit the four extreme corners of the country on the same motorcycle within three weeks.
Extreme Pillion Gold
Join as a pillion to the four extreme corners of the country on the same motorcycle within three weeks.
Visit the four extreme corners of the country on your own time and not necessarily on the same motorcycle.
Visit the four extreme corners of the country as a pillion.
As holding one of these awards is highly prestigious, some rules have to be applied. Applications are to be made directly to the committee, and the decision to make the award is entirely at the discretion of the committee.
For Extreme Rider and Extreme Pillion, the following rules are to be followed:
- The applicant must have ridden a motorcycle from home base to each of the four furthest points of South Africa:
- North – Pontdrift Border Post
- South – Cape Agulhas Lighthouse
- East – Kosi Bay Border Post
- West – Alexander Bay Border Post
- Photographic proof, showing the motorcycle in question, rider, and a recognizable landmark must be provided.
- The same motorcycle does not have to be used for all four points, and there is no time restriction.
- The applicant must be a paid-up member of the Club in good standing, with a valid membership at the time of the ride to the four corners.
- The applicant must have been a member of the Club for at least 12 months at the start of the trip. *
- The Extreme Rider Challenge cannot be completed in conjunction with any other Club Rider Challenge. *
- No awards will be posted to applicants. Awards will only be presented at Club meetings and must be collected by the applicant in person or by a representative. The applicant must collect the award within three (3) months after the award has been approved. *
For the Extreme Rider Gold and Extreme Pillion Gold awards, the same rules apply, with the following additions:
- The four points must be visited on the same motorcycle, within three weeks (21 days) from start to finish. The four points can be visited in any order. Further proof, such as dated filling station receipts, will be required.
* New rules applicable as of 1 August 2013.
The above rules are subject to change without notice.
All applicants will be required to fill out the application form below, which, together with supporting documentation, must be submitted to the committee for approval.