Make some waves and awesome memories by collecting 15 harbours and 15 lighthouses along the South African coastline. There are 2 variations of this award:
Coasting Along Challenge
Complete the challenge by visiting your selection of harbours and lighthouses as a rider or pillion.
Club Coasting Along Challenge
Complete the challenge by visiting your selection of harbours and lighthouses as a rider or pillion but as part of club rides.
To qualify for this exhilarating award the following rules apply:
- The applicant must have ridden a motorcycle to 15 lighthouses and 15 harbours chosen from the list provided, according to the rules below.
- Photographic proof, showing the motorcycle in question, rider, and the recognizable landmark must accompany the application. It has to be a clear image of rider/pillion & motorcycle at a sign depicting the lighthouse or harbour visited. If there is no recognizable landmark, a picture of the GPS with coordinates will also be accepted.
- Planning your ride and riding your plan is at own risk. The Committee and Rides Committee take no responsibility whatsoever.
- Submit your application form to the Committee for approval once you’ve visited all harbours & lighthouses according to the rules and regulations. The decision to make the award is entirely at the discretion of the Committee.
- May be combined with other challenges excluding Extreme Rider Challenge.
- May form part of a Club Event/Ride.
- There are 2 Variants of this challenge – Club Award and Individual. The Club Award (Rider and/or Pillion) get’s issued if the challenge is completed as part of a Club ride. The Individual award is issued if the ride was not completed as part of a Club ride.
- The same motorcycle does not have to be used.
- There is no time restriction.
- Only harbours and lighthouses visited from 1 September 2011 will be eligible for this award.
- Any number of harbours & lighthouses may be visited per trip, from home base and back.
- The applicant must be a paid-up member of the Club in good standing, with a valid membership at the time of the ride(s) to each of the 15 harbours & 15 lighthouses.
- The applicant must have been a member of the Club for at least 6 months and have attended 4 events at the start of the trip. *
- No awards will be posted to applicants. Awards will only be presented at Club meetings and must be collected by the applicant in person or by a representative.
- The applicant must collect the award within three (3) months after the award has been approved. *
* New rules applicable as of 1 June 2023.
The above rules are subject to change without notice.
All applicants will be required to fill out the application form below, which, together with supporting documentation, must be submitted to the committee for approval.