Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Difficulty riding the big boys or any BMW ??

Re: Difficulty riding the big boys or any BMW ?? 24 Aug 2010 05:35 #1807

• alwyn_gs
  • Catch me if you can!
  • BMW R1200GSA LC, G650X MOTO
  • Thank you received: 559
I use my F650gs as my daily commute... being at some robots at specific times in the mornings...and then doing lane splitting to the front... the tendency of the bigger bikers don't even bother looking in the direction direction even though there is only a vehicle between the both of you... Tiaan and I had this discussion over the weekend, and wondered what is the difference between a Sunday and every other day of the week. I don't do biking over weekends, its a lifestyle I busy adopting.

Thanks for the guys that do nod, BMW, superbikers and the KTM guy yesterday at Menlyn :bounce:

BUT lets stop the discussion here... don't want someone to vomit in there helmets...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Difficulty riding the big boys or any BMW ?? 24 Aug 2010 06:25 #1814

• VKFrikLT
  • Pillion-friendly
  • Thank you received: 16
What can I say

Our vision is "shared riding pleasure" with the mission "to foster fellowship, through the safe, supportive and responsible riding and enjoyment of BMW motorcycles, in a courteous manner"

Smell the summer air early in the morning when you ride pushing your bike into a long twist. Smile and be glad you can do it. If you are lucky you will find a fellow biker to greet on the way.

Re: Difficulty riding the big boys or any BMW ?? 24 Aug 2010 06:45 #1815

• Revs
  • Stunt Rider
  • Thank you received: 12
I ride EVERY day of the week, to work and for recreation. I have had many superbikers, guys on scooters and 50s etc nod and greet.

My teenage sons are very impressed with this and think it is very cool that - in South Africa's very intimidating and agressive traffic context - bikers should do this! B)

However, I have yet to be greeted by a Harley rider... : :angry:
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.

Re: Difficulty riding the big boys or any BMW ?? 24 Aug 2010 07:20 #1817

• Amos
  • Pillion-friendly
  • Thank you received: 26
Revs wrote:

You can excuse Harley riders from waving, while riding. If they were ever to lift a hand to wave, the bike will be become unstable, and you will just see some black leather clad chap being swung around his monkey bar... :laugh:

I have this discussion quite often with some Harley riders. It's true. There is also a good reason why they will not talk to you while waiting at a robot. They don't know what bug collection might be stuck in their teeth... :evil:
Kom ons brom...

Re: Difficulty riding the big boys or any BMW ?? 24 Aug 2010 08:08 #1818

• Revs
  • Stunt Rider
  • Thank you received: 12
Amos wrote:
Revs wrote:

You can excuse Harley riders from waving, while riding. If they were ever to lift a hand to wave, the bike will be become unstable, and you will just see some black leather clad chap being swung around his monkey bar... :laugh:

I have this discussion quite often with some Harley riders. It's true. There is also a good reason why they will not talk to you while waiting at a robot. They don't know what bug collection might be stuck in their teeth... :evil:

Amos! You caused me to spill my coffee with laughter...!!! :laugh:
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.

Re: Difficulty riding the big boys or any BMW ?? 24 Aug 2010 12:22 #1827

• meerkat
  • Stunt Rider
  • Thank you received: 80
Ok ,as jy wil he almal moet vir jou waai ,koop vir jou die groot BM dan sal almal nie vir jou altyd waai :evil:

Well if every BM rider must wave when he passes you, It’s time you get yourself a BIG BM :evil:
I love it when someone insults me. That means I don’t have to be nice anymore
1st F650 Funduro,2nd F650GS,3rd F650GS,4th R1100RT,5th R1150S,6th R1150 GS ADV standing at 193 000 km now

Re: Difficulty riding the big boys or any BMW ?? 24 Aug 2010 12:28 #1828

• meerkat
  • Stunt Rider
  • Thank you received: 80
Well if every BM rider must wave when he passes you, It’s time you get yourself a BIG BM
I love it when someone insults me. That means I don’t have to be nice anymore
1st F650 Funduro,2nd F650GS,3rd F650GS,4th R1100RT,5th R1150S,6th R1150 GS ADV standing at 193 000 km now

Re: Difficulty riding the big boys or any BMW ?? 24 Aug 2010 13:39 #1832

• alwyn_gs
  • Catch me if you can!
  • BMW R1200GSA LC, G650X MOTO
  • Thank you received: 559
Frik slaan die spyker op sy kop!

Re: Difficulty riding the big boys or any BMW ?? 24 Aug 2010 17:15 #1837

• Tiaanvr
  • Licensed to ride
  • Thank you received: 5
Nice chat, we should do it again soon.
Vroooooooooooooooooooooooom.....

Hammer down Mother Father!
  • Page: